Monday, July 23, 2012

Quote Poster

So today I made this ^^
Here's how I did it..
Well it all started on my heart and soul..Pinterest. I saw this DIY Quote Poster:
AND I loved it so much I made my own! But, here's the link to her tutorial and blog: 
So, here we go! Here's what you will need:
-Paint/spray paint (I suggest using paint that's not spray paint, mine didn't come out that great because the spray paint's density weighed down the paper and made it a bit mucky looking.)
-Canvas/Poster board (She used canvas, I used poster board because it was all I had handy)
-Vinyl Letters (I got mine at Target, they can be super hard to find!! She has listed the best ones on her blog)
-Newspaper/something to put down so the paint doesn't get everywhere
-Sheet music if you are gonna do yours like I did mine
-Tape
-Hot glue and hot glue gun
-Possibly ear buds you don't want anymore for the "my way hanging"

1) Alrighty, start by covering your poster board with sheet music and hot-gluing it down..make sure you get all around the corners and edges of the papers without letting the glue seep out the sides. Like so..

2) After that, stick your letters onto the board
3) Prep your area by laying down the newspaper and taping it down so it doesn't fly away/fly onto your poster..I actually used folders and taped them down because I was all out of newspaper..improvise!! Haha I would have liked to know what my neighbors thought..oh goodness. 

4) Lay down your poster and spray paint/paint all of it!

5) LET IT DRY. I waited an hour for mine. 
6) Peel the letters off and voila!
Here's a close up of the letters and what they look like:

7) For a little extra something, take an old pair of ear buds that you won't use anymore and put them at the place right below where they join into one, so that you have the two ear buds still connected but without the long chord. Throw the chord away. Hot glue each ear bud on either side of the top of your poster facing opposite of each other. Use the glued on ear buds to hang up your poster! I thought the headphones went with the theme of the music sheets making up the letters. 
How I hung the ear buds: 

Finished product all hung up:








1 comment: