Sunday, July 22, 2012

Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes

These look pretty good? Made them myself! Next future Master Chef? Ehh, maybe not, but this is a step! So like most things, I saw this on Pinterest. This is what I saw: http://pinterest.com/pin/234609461808727217/
Sorry about the size of the link..it made me skip a bunch of lines if I made it any bigger. So mine aren't near as good as the picture, no. But, I think mine turned out pretty good considering my little experience in cooking anything. You could follow the hyperlink on the picture I linked you to, but I'm gonna tell you what I did, because I had to change the recipe a bit because I made only 6. So, here's what you're gonna need:


-Oreos (9, but make sure you have extra!)
-A pack of cream cheese (pretty sure I used the 8 oz)
-1/4 cup sugar
-1/3 teaspoon vanilla
-1 Egg
-1/4 cup sour cream
Skip using salt like the other recipe says, I've shrunk the recipe so much that it wouldn't make a difference other than make it too salty!!


1) First, preheat the oven to 275 and take the cream cheese pack/bar thing and melt it down JUST A LITTLE in your microwave, about 10 seconds at a time. When it gets soft, start beating it with a mixer and add in the sugar and vanilla. Then, add the (beaten) egg and sour cream.
2) After that, take cupcake liners and put them down in the cupcake/muffin pan thing, I'm not sure what it's called, and put a whole Oreo in the bottom of each cup.
3) Crunch up the 3 Oreos remaining and stir in the crunched up Oreos to your batter.
4) Pour the batter into the cups on top of the Oreos but only fill them about 3/4 of the way, you don't want them to go over the edges of the cup.
5) Let them cook in the oven for about 21-25 minutes depending on your oven.
6) Take the cups out of the tin/pan and put each cup (still in the cupcake liners) in the refrigerator. The other recipe said wait for 4 hours, but I was too impatient and took them out early after about an hour and 45 minutes, but you should let them sit at least 2 1/2 hours for best results of an impatient person like myself. 
7) Voila! Enjoy!
-Savannah

No comments:

Post a Comment