Sunday, November 11, 2012

DIY Studded Denim Jacket

Okay so the other day, I was in a little thrift store around town, and I came across this...


Needless to say, as I am writing this post, I saw potential in it. So I went ahead and bought it for a few bucks, 8 I believe. It's a pretty nice little jacket for 8 bucks, it was a J. Crew, but anywho, the jacket when I bought it was in excellent condition. It wasn't worn at all. The point for this is to give you all something to do with your old denim jackets you want to jazz up a bit, and for myself it was to give myself a neat craft and a cute vest. If you have a jacket that's older it will work perf, but like I said, mine was not. 

Here's what you need, guys..
-Obviously, you will need a denim jacket. Doesn't have to be old, I will tell you guys how to distress it a bit in a sec.
-Studs. I used bronze pyramid studs I ordered on eBay. Here's the link to the seller I bought from. I got them for about 6 dollars and got 200 of them, and free shipping, too! http://www.ebay.com/itm/210-8mm-New-pyramid-studs-Spots-Punk-Belt-Leathercraft-Bronze-US-shipping-/271076737445?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f1d6ec1a5
-Scissors to cut the sleeves if you want to make a vest like mine!
-Cheese grater if you want to distress your jacket a bit. If you don't have a cheese grater on hand, you can use a pumice rock or something else like that.

1) Cut off the sleeves as close to the seam as you can get

2) Get your studs laid out how you want them so you are positive you are gonna have enough. 
3) The studs that I bought have little prongs in the back and you just push the stud through the denim and then flip it over so you can see the other side. It will look like this (excuse my nails I play guitar!)

4) Then all you have to do is bend down the prongs and ta-da you have one stud done!

5) Repeat this and do the studs however you want.
6) If you want to, you can distress the jacket a bit. To do this just take your scissors and cut little slits and rub them with the cheese grater or pumice or whatever. Then just rub the cheese grater in various places all over the jacket. There are more instructions on how to distress denim on eHow and other websites. There's 100 ways to do this haha. This is what the little holes look like


Here are a few more pictures of my finished vest with all the studs and things. All in all, good luck guys!!




No comments:

Post a Comment